Every Monday beginning February 8 through April 18, 2016
between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
“No appointment required”
(Note: Closed on March 7 and March 28)
The Notre Dame Saint Mary’s College Tax Assistance Program (TAP)
will offer free tax return preparation with an income limit of $42,000.
The TAP volunteers are 4th & 5th year college accounting students.
Clients qualify for the assistance as a
- U.S. citizen,
- Legal Permanent Resident with LPR or hold a green card,
- in addition, meets the income earnings at or below the TAP income limit.
Clients, please bring the documents that directly apply to your filing needs:
- social security card for all individuals listed on the return
- a driver’s license or government issued identification card
- copies of tax year 2015 federal and state tax returns
- employment forms such as W-2
- other paper work that reports income
- information from financial institutions
- unemployment form such as 1099 G
Clients filing itemized deductions will need documents such as:
- real estate taxes
- personal property taxes
- medical costs
- charitable contributions
- documentation that supports spending for child and/or dependent care
TAP provides on-site assistance for the mobility impaired individuals at home, in an extended care facility, or a social service agency. For assistance, please call 574-631-7863 to request an appointment.
NOTE: After April 18, please call 574-631-4644 for follow up service.